Thursday, September 29, 2011

No TV, No attitude?

My husband and I theorized years ago that, our sons were more obnoxious the more video games they played.  As a result, we have only allowed them to play then on weekends since.  It seems to have reduced the amount of confrontation.  Mission accomplished.

Well, the sad day has come that we're (and by 'we're', I mean me telling my husband it's what we should do) thinking of doing the same thing with TV.  The attitudes when they're asked to do something when they're watching TV is appalling.  Doesn't seem to matter that I've been working since sun up to make things nice for them.  I ask for one back pack pick up and suddenly, a big huff and stomp festival happens.  They halfway do what they're asked and race back to the TV.  My ten year old even travels with the remote.  YEP!  He pauses his program and takes the remote with him wherever he goes.  What is that about?!  SO, it may be time.  The end of week day TV could be near!  You should see them shiver in fear when I mention it!

No comments:

Post a Comment