Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Things you should never hear your kids say.

Among the books of phrases I could publish is one entitled, Things You Should Never Hear Yourself Say.  Over the weekend I heard my youngest son say something that made me think of the sequel to this yet published book.  "Mom, he won't give me my wax ball back."

Really, could this possibly, on any level, really be an issue?  Yeah, I guess so.  If you're a BEE!  Or maybe a Candle maker.  But, as both of those imply work, my sons have certainly never been in a position to need either of these.

The item of debate was a piece of wax off of the individual cheese rounds that you can buy.  I am pretty certain that they only like the cheese because of the wax.  This suits me fine as I will save a lot of money by simply not buying it anymore.  Until it's gone, however, is this the banter I will get to listen to?  What can you possibly do with it that would make you miss it?  I remember playing with the same kind of wax as a kid.  My grandmother sent us a box of cheese, sausage, and the like every Christmas.  The cheese wheels were larger but, the idea was the same.  Yes, I would sit and play with it.  Softening it up in my hands into dice, usually.  What's my point?  By the time I was done chewing up the cheese, the fascination was over! Yes, this will be the last time I buy these!

I will now go and put this event and title in my notebook to use in my book.  Guess I better get to the first one since the sequel is underway.  Wait!  Just let me finish these bon bon's first!!!

Have a happy day!
Lynette

No comments:

Post a Comment