Thursday, October 21, 2010

Make Models! That's the answer!

"What could you possibly do with it that would make you miss it?"  This is the question I posed during my Oct. 5 blog.  The crazy obsession with the red wax from those goofy cheese rounds!  Recently, from the back seat of the van I heard, 'Isn't my monster cute?'  When I turned around, there was a creature about the size of a baseball that was completely red and quite reminiscent of a gargoyle.  Oh my gosh!!!  It's the wax.  It really was.  My 9 year old had molded and manipulated the originally designed cheese protector into a red, finger print impressioned, monster!


Absolute disbelief!  In fact, I wondered if you'd think I was making it up so, I took pictures!!!!
This could start another discussion.  When I was a kid, we made all kinds of things out of nothing.  Remember those beads we made out of old magazines?  Cutting strips of paper longer on one end and then rolling them tightly until we got to the other end.  My sister and I made those all the time.  It was a good use of old magazines.  We also made paper baskets out of construction paper.  So, maybe this prehistoric creature is an equally good use of the wax?  No, I still think it's just weird!  It's not the same at all. There were never chunks of food left on the magazines!

1 comment: