Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Return from My Fall from the Face of the Earth

It has been a long time since I last posted.  Nearly a year.  I know it's easy to think I have been a slacker but, the truth is not nearly that exciting.  A brief summary for those not in the know:  My father spent the last two years fighting colon cancer.  It was 18 months of doctors trips and treatments and mostly normal quality of life and 6 months of eye gouging, heart wrenching, soul crushing, Hell.  He passed away two days after my parents' 47th wedding anniversary and two days before the 2nd anniversary of his diagnosis.  Perhaps, as therapy for me or someone else, I may elaborate more in a different blog later, that you can read if you so choose.  I just didn't want you to think that my life had turned boring.  There are plenty of stories that I need to catch you up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment