Sunday, September 25, 2011

Since I've yet to turn 40, NO KIDDING!, I just had my first mammogram.  It was very fast, the system in the office to get you in and out was great, everyone was nice.  I have no complaints.  I simply want to throw out there that the machine that does the mammograms MUST have been invented by a man.  No woman would have thought, 'ok, we'll make a great big vice, squeeze as tight as possible, and take picture....from 3 different angles.'  I'm pretty sure a woman would have gone straight for the ultrasound.  I got to have one of those, too.  No where near as exciting as when you're pregnant - not that I want to be to have that excitement again - EEEEK!  BUT, less painful, and apparently more accurate since they do those if they have any questions about the vice images.  I think we as women should demand the removal of the shop tools and more use of practical, less barbaric ultrasounds until something better comes along.  Like they wouldn't demand the same if they had to put their testicles in those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment